Articles: Cruising

Sun products for those last few weeks of summer!

The sun arrived late this summer but it seems to be sticking around. Here are some favourite sun products for when you are out on your boat. A standard "refresher" is been Evian Facial Mist Spray. It contains a unique balance of beneficial minerals and water from the French Alps. This spray helps to enhance the performance of all other skincare products by hydrating the skin prior to the use of moisturizers, sunscreen or foundation.

A popular facial sunscreen has been Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen. The 55spf and 60 are most common (and sometimes the 70). Rumour has it they have an 85 only available in the US!. This sunscreen is ultra light and fast absorbing. It isn't greasy or hard to work into your skin. Neutrogena uses a patented technology called helioplex that provides the highest photostable UVA/UVB protection available that lasts up to 6 hours.

Another option is the Shopper's Drug Mart Life Brand Sunthera 3 Kids SPF 50 Sunscreen. It comes in a really convenient spray and isn't highly scented. It also absorbs into the skin quickly and doesn't leave a sticky residue. Both of these sunscreens are recognized by the Canadian Dermatology Association.

Comments (7)

1. Dionne:
    Aug 30, 2011 at 07:37 PM

Long gone are the days of baby oil and iodine...my skin thanks you!

2. Dave Campbell:
    Aug 30, 2011 at 08:05 PM

Neutrogena is my favourite. It can be applied without leaving any greasy residue on my hands. Very important for maximum protection on the golf course.

3. Kathy:
    Aug 31, 2011 at 01:11 AM

Thanks for the research . I just hit the drug store and am really enjoy the products.

4. Jen Leyen:
    Sep 01, 2011 at 03:51 AM

Thanks Missy! I would also recommend clinique's suncare products for anyone who has sensitive skin. A lot of sunscreen products leave me with a mild irritation. Its expensive though - $26 Cdn for small tube!

5. Marg:
    Sep 02, 2011 at 06:17 AM

Thanks for the info on these products! I tend to use sunscreen only when I "have to" because I can't stand that heavy lotion feeling it leaves on my skin.I'm going to try these out this weekend. Great tips!

6. Lindsay:
    Sep 03, 2011 at 06:27 PM

I loved the Neutrogena! Let me know if you want the name of a good self-tanner as we're going to be so good at keeping our skin safe in the sun now :)

7. leo:
    Sep 14, 2011 at 05:45 PM

Sunthera 3 leaves so little residue that handling cocktail glasses at the appointed hour does not affect the taste of your favourite beverage or leave unsightly smudges on the goblet.